Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2023/01/18 22:24:16 UTC

Re: [OT] SSO Token not found with RewriteRules

Jerry,

On 1/17/23 13:30, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
> In my philosophy for years (possibly not
> the best philosophy...), the root was for primarily static stuff.  And
> any JSPs that might need to be in root were sent to other non-root
> contexts via a rewrite.  I've been moving away from that philosophy in
> recent projects and including a ROOT context.  But this current
> situation is migrating a legacy domain off of httpd/tomcat to pure
> tomcat.  So it bit me.  No big deal now that I've figured it out.

I always include a ROOT context so I don't get nasty errors if there is
some kind of misconfiguration at the proxy, etc. It also allows rewrites
to be done "outside" of "the application", etc.

-chris

Re: [OT] SSO Token not found with RewriteRules

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

On 1/24/23 08:04, Berneburg, Cris J. - US wrote:
> Hey Chris
>
>> I always include a ROOT context so I don't get nasty errors if
>> there is some kind of misconfiguration at the proxy, etc. It also
>> allows rewrites to be done "outside" of "the application", etc.
>
> Out of curiosity, what do you put in that ROOT context?  A dummy / placeholder or the real application?

It consists of a (nearly) empty WEB-INF/web.xml and META-INF/context.xml
file and nothing else. It exists to generate 404 responses to anything
outside of the actually-deployed web applications.

Otherwise you get a 400 response to anything not in
/real-deployed-application/*

Or at least it did a million years ago when I started doing things this way.

-chris

RE: [OT] SSO Token not found with RewriteRules

Posted by "Berneburg, Cris J. - US" <cb...@caci.com.INVALID>.
Hey Chris

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Senior Software Engineer

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or subsidiary companies, which may be company sensitive, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.