Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abid Ali Teepo <ab...@mogul.com> on 2003/06/05 13:17:27 UTC

Activate SSL in Tomcat 4.1.24

Hello

I have a problem activating SSL in tomcat 4.1.24 on win2k.

The problem is that despite following all the instructions and
using the keytool to import the certificate into the keystore,
and uncommenting as well as updating the fields in the xml with
filename and password. Nothing seem to happen.

I get a regular internet explorer error that says
" The page cannot be displayed "

Is there any way i can actually debug this to se what happens ?
The keytool import worked just fine on weblogic ....

regards,
Abid

Re: Setting location of Log4j RollingFileAppender

Posted by Frank Burns <fr...@the-hub.demon.co.uk>.
Thank you Mike!
And I also discovered that you can use system properties -- delimited with
${ and }, like this ${<system property>} -- to specify parts of the path,
such as: ${catalina.home}.
Frank.

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
change:

RE: Activate SSL in Tomcat 4.1.24

Posted by Adi Katz <ad...@easa.aeat.com>.
First shot with this kind of error:
check the port number that you are using 443 or 8443
IE wil default https to 443 but if in server.xml 8443 is defined then you
should
try something like this: https://localhost:8443/

Hope it will help
Adi