Posted to iot@apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/04/06 11:19:53 UTC

ApcheCon CFP and TAC is open

Hi all,

I just wanted to use this channel to remember you all that we will be having a real ApacheCon in New Orleans this October.
Being the track chair of the IoT Track I would like to encourage you to submit interesting talks for this track.
https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/cfp.html

And you could do me a great favor by not doing this on the last day or even after the deadline has passed.
The problem is that we want to tell a story about Apache IoT ... if there's nothing to build this story around, it's difficult to do.
The result will not be a well-planned track, but more a conglomerate of IoT related talks.

I'd like to avoid that.

If you think that you can't submit a talk as you couldn't afford travelling to New Orleans, I have good news for you. Starting this year TAC (Apache Travel Assistance Committee) has received a big budget for committers. So, in the past committers and non-committers had to share the budget, this time we have a separate pot for committers. For these we'll be covering travel (flight, train, ...), accommodation, conference-ticket, ... So, if money is the reason, you think you can't come, think again. https://tac-apply.apache.org/

Would love to see as many of you as possible in New Orleans.

Chris