Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/04/20 08:36:00 UTC

[VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 4.0

This is the vote thread to transform our release candidate 4.0 into an official ASF release.
OFBiz 4.0 is an *old* release that will be archived (and removed from the ASF mirrors) right after it will be released: we are doing this vote/process just to be able to call it an official ASF release. We will not promote this release and people should not really use it and should prefer our latest stable release 09.04.
The voting period will be approx (no less than) 72 hours.

The files can be downloaded from here:

http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/dist/

Vote:

[ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 4.0
[ -1] do not release

For more details about this process please read this http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Kind Regards,

Jacopo

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 4.0

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
-1

I see no benefit in doing so and think it could increase the confusion that sometimes surrounds our release strategy.  Let's just accept where we are and move forward with 9.04 and 10.04.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
+1

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Keeping this release in the list of all official release shows the
consistency in the process and attracts new comers becoming part of
OFBiz project. The preferable release would be 9.04 if somebody ask on
the ML. And very soon 10.04 would be preferable one IMO :-)

Thanks!

--
Ashish

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

[VOTE] [RESULT] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 4.0

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The vote has passed with the following result:

binding +1 votes: 7 (Ashish Vijaywargiya, Adrian Crum, Bruno Busco, Bilgin Ibryam, Anil Patel, Jacques Le Roux, Jacopo Cappellato)
non binding +1 votes: 4 (Michael Xu, BJ Freeman, Tim Ruppert, Sam Hamilton)
binding -1 votes: 1 (Scott Gray)
non binding -1 votes: 0

We have enough +1 binding votes (7 > 3) and more +1 then -1 (7 > 1).

I am going to move the release package to the OFBiz dist directory for public distribution; as soon as the package will be synched in the dist directory I will remove from the current releases folder and will "archive" it (it will disappears from mirrors and remain available for downloads as an archived release).

Thanks for your votes.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Michael,

On Apr 20, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Michael Xu (xudong) wrote:

> hi Jacopo,
>
> +1
>
> Just one question. Why still stick to the version 4.0. I think it is very
> confusing for users. And also, after a long waiting, users are expecting at
> least a new version no.

yes, I understand your concerns but unfortunately this is the old release numbering and we can't change it for this old release (a book has been published using it etc...); but we are also going to vote on the new release that will be 10.04 (hopefully within the end of the month).

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
+ 1