Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2006/03/30 04:29:38 UTC

Backends for APVFS?

We have a requirement for a new backend to mod_dav.

It seems to me that this could work well with the APVFS architecture,
reducing the job to developing a new driver for APVFS.  But APVFS
is marked at sourceforge as pre-alpha and doesn't look like a
thriving community.

Is there any APVFS developer documentation that would help me
get up to speed with it?  The download doesn't even have a README
or Makefile.

And has anyone else in apr-land undertaken a similar project?
Was it something you'd recommend?  Or is APVFS just a nice idea
that works for its developer but hasn't gone anywhere?

--
Nick Kew

Re: Backends for APVFS?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Nick Kew wrote:
> We have a requirement for a new backend to mod_dav.
>
> It seems to me that this could work well with the APVFS architecture,
> reducing the job to developing a new driver for APVFS.  But APVFS
> is marked at sourceforge as pre-alpha and doesn't look like a
> thriving community.
>
> Is there any APVFS developer documentation that would help me
> get up to speed with it?  The download doesn't even have a README
> or Makefile.

Right. It was alpha and stayed like that.
There was no actual usage for it, except serving files for .zip etc...

If you think it can be of any help, I'll revive it a bit.
Makefiles are only for windows, so the unix one would need to
be created.

Regards,
Mladen.