Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Thomas Fielenbach <th...@gmx.de> on 2008/03/06 13:22:58 UTC

Internal Server Error by axis2 in Apache ODE

Hello,
at the moment I am trying to install (more precisely run) Apache ODE in
a Tomcat Servlet.

First my configuration:
java 1.5
tomcat 5.5.23
apache ode 1.1.1 (ode.war deployed to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps)

Installation in the servlet container works fine but trying to access the
/http://localhost:8080/ode/axis2-admin// - Page fails in a "Internal
Server Error.

Validation of axis2 (http://localhost:8080/ode/axis2-web/HappyAxis.jsp)
shows:

/Examining webapp configuration

    Essential Components
    Found Apache-Axis (org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet)
      at /opt/tomcat_5.5/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/lib/axis2-kernel-1.3.jar
    Found Jakarta-Commons Logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log)
      at /opt/tomcat_5.5/bin/commons-logging-api.jar
    Found Streaming API for XML (javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamReader)
      at /opt/tomcat_5.5/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/lib/stax-api-1.0.1.jar
    Found Streaming API for XML implementation
(org.codehaus.stax2.XMLStreamWriter2)
      at /opt/tomcat_5.5/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/lib/wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar

    The core axis2 libraries are present.

    Note: Even if everything this page probes for is present, there is
no guarantee your Axis Service will work, because there are many
configuration options that we do not check for. These tests are
necessary but not sufficient

Examining Version Service

There was a problem in Axis2 version service , may be the service not
available or some thing has gone wrong. But this does not mean system is
not working ! Try to upload some other service and check to see whether
it is working.
Examining Application Server

    Servlet version 2.4
    Platform Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
/

Installing axis2 (Version 1.2) in the Servlet Container (deployment of
axis2.war in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps) works fine. Validation of axis2
shows that all is ok and I can call the admin-page.

Moreover the http://localhost:8080/ode/services/listServices is
callable. Available services are:
-Version
- DeploymentService
- InstanceManagement
-ProcessManagement

But trying to call the EPR (for example:
http://localhost:8080/ode/processes/Version) returns the following failure:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the
Operation not found is //ode/processes/Version and the WSA Action = null
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:86)

        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:308)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:212)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:132)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.util.RESTUtil.invokeAxisEngine(RESTUtil.java:125)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.util.RESTUtil.processURLRequest(RESTUtil.java:119)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet$RestRequestProcessor.processURLRequest(AxisServlet.java:799)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:242)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)/

Attached is the catalina.out file ( the relevant part of it)

I don't know where the failure lies. Do I have to change the web.xml or
axis2.xml to solve the problem?

best regards
tmf

Re: Internal Server Error by axis2 in Apache ODE

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 3/6/08, Thomas Fielenbach <th...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Installation in the servlet container works fine but trying to access the
> *http://localhost:8080/ode/axis2-admin/* - Page fails in a "Internal
> Server Error.

Hi Thomas,

This error is due to a mismatch of commons-fileupload library in Ode 1.1.1.
If I remember correctly, the version shipped is 1.0 whereas Axis2 expects to
find 1.1.1.

You can fix the problem by deleting the existing
commons-fileupload-1.0.jarand adding
commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar under WEB-INF/lib.

The symptom for this problem is the following stack trace:

10:06:08,920 ERROR [[AxisAdminServlet]] Allocate exception for servlet
> AxisAdminServlet
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/fileupload/RequestContext
>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisAdminServlet.init(
> AxisAdminServlet.java:59)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
> StandardWrapper.java:1139)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(
> StandardWrapper.java:791)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
> StandardWrapperValve.java:127)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
> StandardContextValve.java:174)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
> StandardHostValve.java:127)
>        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
> ErrorReportValve.java:117)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
> StandardEngineValve.java:108)
>        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
> CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
>        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
> Http11Processor.java:870)
>        at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection
> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
>        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(
> PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
>        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
> LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
>        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
> ThreadPool.java:685)

cheers,
alex