Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by MT...@aol.com on 2001/11/09 19:25:26 UTC

[C2] Static content

Hi all,

how can I let apache serve static content ( gif and jpeg files ) from a
cocoon context? The faqs and lovely manual don't address this (not that I can
find anyway).

I'm using
apache 1.3.19
tomcat 4.0.1
cocoon 2 RC1
Win98

all helpful suggestions welcome
mtiffany

RE: [C2] Static content

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
MTiffany,

	my standard way, rather inelegant, is calling static content as a separate
URI, something like: /yourapp-static/foo.gif.

	Of course, /yourapp-static has to be a root-level alias in Apache.

	Though... you might consider using <map:read> in your sitemap, hence
letting Cocoon serve static content; the overhead seems to be very small
(refer to recent postings in this mailing list).

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org