Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/04/14 09:37:31 UTC

changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Hi people,

on the various cocoon- lists, we have agreed the time is there to
relieve long-standing list moderators Giacomo, Nicola and possibly
others from his duty. Could you please unsub giacomo and friends from
dir/mod, and sub the following people as moderators:

  - asavory@apache.org
  - shannon@apache.org
  - stevenn@apache.org

Lists: cocoon-dev/-users/-docs @ xml.apache.org

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> on the various cocoon- lists, we have agreed the time is there to
> relieve long-standing list moderators Giacomo, Nicola and possibly
> others from his duty. Could you please unsub giacomo and friends from
> dir/mod, and sub the following people as moderators:
>
>   - asavory@apache.org
>   - shannon@apache.org
>   - stevenn@apache.org
>
> Lists: cocoon-dev/-users/-docs @ xml.apache.org

Thanks god, I'm redeemed ;-)

Giacomo

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> on the various cocoon- lists, we have agreed the time is there to
> relieve long-standing list moderators Giacomo, Nicola and possibly
> others from his duty. Could you please unsub giacomo and friends from
> dir/mod, and sub the following people as moderators:
>
>   - asavory@apache.org
>   - shannon@apache.org
>   - stevenn@apache.org
>
> Lists: cocoon-dev/-users/-docs @ xml.apache.org

Done. Also did -cvs. Old moderators; Pier, Fede, Giacomo and Balld are off
the hook. Thanks everyone.

Dw

bash-2.05a$ cd xml.apache.org/
bash-2.05a$ for i in cocoon*/mod; do echo $i; ezmlm-list `pwd`/$i; done
cocoon-cvs/mod
stevenn@apache.org
asavory@apache.org
shannon@apache.org
cocoon-dev/mod
stevenn@apache.org
asavory@apache.org
shannon@apache.org
cocoon-docs/mod
stevenn@apache.org
asavory@apache.org
shannon@apache.org
cocoon-users/mod
stevenn@apache.org
asavory@apache.org
shannon@apache.org

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 14/04/2003 16:42 Andrew Savory wrote:

> I'm assuming that the list server will ignore duplicate approvals or
> rejections, and so only one copy of each message should get through to the
> list...

ACK - ezmlm is foolproof in this regard.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Diana Shannon wrote:

> So, to make sure I understand how this works, all of us -- Steven,
> Andrew, and I -- receive identical moderate messages (as I've seen in my
> inbox already). Any one of us can reject or approve any message. If I am
> going to approve a message, do I have to check to make sure Steven or
> Andrew hasn't already done so in order to avoid duplicate posts?

I'm assuming that the list server will ignore duplicate approvals or
rejections, and so only one copy of each message should get through to the
list...

... otherwise, apologies for the flood of duplicates that are about to
arrive!

Andrew.

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Diana Shannon wrote:

> So, to make sure I understand how this works, all of us -- Steven,
> Andrew, and I -- receive identical moderate messages (as I've seen in my
> inbox already). Any one of us can reject or approve any message. If I am
> going to approve a message, do I have to check to make sure Steven or
> Andrew hasn't already done so in order to avoid duplicate posts?

Ezmlm documentation says that the first moderator to respond
determines the fate of the message. Others are ignored as long
as their response is the same.

When i was volunteered to be a co-moderator of forrest-dev
then i had a terrible time finding out how to. I expected
to find some hints at http://www.apache.org/dev/ to no avail.
There are a few minor clues at:
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#mail

There should be documentation at http://www.ezmlm.org/
but DNS does not know about it today. Google shows lots
of other sites that have exposed their own copy of Ezmlm
manual.

Good luck.

--David

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 03:37  AM, Steven Noels wrote:

> on the various cocoon- lists, we have agreed the time is there to
> relieve long-standing list moderators Giacomo, Nicola and possibly
> others from his duty. Could you please unsub giacomo and friends from
> dir/mod, and sub the following people as moderators:

So, to make sure I understand how this works, all of us -- Steven,
Andrew, and I -- receive identical moderate messages (as I've seen in my
inbox already). Any one of us can reject or approve any message. If I am
going to approve a message, do I have to check to make sure Steven or
Andrew hasn't already done so in order to avoid duplicate posts?

Thanks.

Diana

Re: changing moderators for the cocoon- lists

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.