Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2000/06/14 16:42:10 UTC

Caching and reflecting configuration changes

Hi,

I know: this (and similar) questions have been asked again and again in this
list. But I didn't find any answer that really solved my problem. So here we
go again:

Environment: WindowsNT 4.0, Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat 4.1, Cocoon 1.7.4

1. Caching

I am currently developing an XSP-based tag library using an XSL file
containing this library. Changes to this file are not reflected if I reload
a page using this library in my browser.
Restarting the browser and emptying the cache doesn't help either.
Restarting Apache or restarting Tomcat only sometimes work.
Often I have to restart all of the above and also have to clean the
repository directory where the compiled pages go. And in some rare occasions
even this won't work.
I already turned of the caching of Cocoon in the properties file.
Where is the XSL file cached? And how can I clean the cache?

2. Configuration changes

When are configuration changes in the Cocoon.properties file deployed? Do I
have to restart everything again or are changes reflected automatically?

With kind regards,
Carsten Ziegeler

s&n AG               Tel.    : +49 (5251) 1581-49
netBank solutions    Fax     : +49 (5251) 1581-71
Klingenderstr. 5     Internet: http://www.SundN.de
D-33100 Paderborn    <ma...@SundN.de>

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...

Re: Caching and reflecting configuration changes

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 21:38 +0200 14/06/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:

>Hi Carsten
>
>I'm not that familiar with Cocoons cache system but I'm sure touching
>the xml file your browser points to should trigger recompilation. It
>could be that changed taglibs do not trigger a recompilation of the
>source xml file.
>
>Giacomo

Sorry to say that this only sometimes works ....

Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: Caching and reflecting configuration changes

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Hi Carsten