Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu> on 2014/06/16 18:46:34 UTC

HTML response for EntityHub "entity" endpoint

I just filed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-1354

to report that the "entity" endpoint of the EntityHub component does not support HTML response types when the Accept: header is text/html, and does not fall back to anything. (It delivers a 500 error.)

Assuming that my bug is reproduce-able, I would like to make a fix for this, either a fall back to RDF/XML or an actual HTML representation of the Entity (perhaps an HTML+RDFa representation using some skeletal HTML). But I'm having some difficulty finding the place to do this. Am I on the right track in thinking that I can use org.apache.stanbol.entityhub.web.impl.JsonModelWriter as a model from which to work? I could produce something like a HtmlModelWriter implements ModelWriter that would produce the appropriate serializations, but would that conflict with HTML serializations that are already being produced? Or perhaps should I try to work in the org.apache.stanbol.entityhub.web.writer.EntityWriter class and insert some logic to have HTML requests fall back to RDF/XML (or something else)?

Thanks for any pointers!

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library