Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 12:07:58 UTC

jena-users lists (Re: Dont' fork the dev lists)

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 10:41 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 07/12/2010 10:18, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> > jena-users@incubator.apache.org wil be the users list.
>
> -1
>
> jena-users@incubator.apache.org *is* the users list

A tangent to the primary discussion but wanted to clarify this point ...

Leo seemed to be suggesting that moving *users* from the current
(confusingly named) users' list would typically start in a few months
time rather than immediately. Are you saying we should start trying to
migrate much sooner than that?

Second, the use of "incubator" in the mail list name is surprising, not
a problem for developers but for users this two-step migration (first
into incubator and then out) risks fragmenting user support. Is there
some automation that supports users list migration when graduating?

Dave

Re: jena-users lists (Re: Dont' fork the dev lists)

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sorry for top posting (on mobile)
>
> The sooner we start migration the sooner we finish. Of course we need to be sensitive about that (I'm pushing hard, tell me when I'm unreasonable).
>
> Migration from the @incubator list to @apache lists is automatic and transparent upon graduation.

Great.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.