Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Christophe Bouhier (ECM)" <Ch...@ecm.ericsson.se> on 2002/06/24 05:20:03 UTC

Servlet debug.

Hi,

I am using the JWSDP distribution of tomcat, and JBuilder 6 personal to
write servlets.
Everything is working fine for me: (Writting code, deploying using ant). I
spend some time
to write a suitable "build.xml" and this really pays off, as deploying new
code is really quick.

My next challenge is to debug the servlet. I looked around to get help, and
it seems possible to
launch tomcat from Jbuilder and be able to debug a servlet once a context is
activated.

Has anyone done this before? It seems you need to create a project, add the
tomcat libraries and creat a launcher
application. I need help with the main() method for the tomcat launcher.

Any help is welcome! TIA / Christophe

RE: Servlet debug.

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@romulin.com>.
I know this is probably late, but if all else fails, get Eclipse
(http://www.eclipse.org) and install the Tomcat plugin (on the community
page at Eclipse).  It allows you to load Tomcat inside of Eclipse and debug
it (just like JBuilder Professional or JBuilder Enterprise, I don't think
JBuilder Personal supports Tomcat Debugging).

Adam Greene
ROMulin Group Inc

885 Main St, Suite 16
Moncton, NB