Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lisa Thompson <lm...@wavecable.com> on 2005/03/02 02:26:46 UTC

Server on Mac

I am new to ³website development², use Dreamweaver to develop my sites, and
have been attempting to get the Tomcat server running on my Mac OSX system.
I would like to integrate a database using Dreamweaver with their Coldfusion
technology. Macromedia recommended Tomcat for the server technology. I
downloaded it, installed it, and now would like to deploy it. I am not
familiar with the use of Terminal, however. So, being a novice, can anyone
direct me in how to get it going?
Thanks,
Lisa

Re: Server on Mac

Posted by "Anthony E. Carlos" <an...@digitalphenom.com>.
Try this?

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/TomcatOnMacOS

I am new to “website development”, use Dreamweaver to develop my sites,

Re: Server on Mac

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:26:46 -0800, Lisa Thompson
<lm...@wavecable.com> wrote:
> I am new to ³website development², use Dreamweaver to develop my sites, and
> have been attempting to get the Tomcat server running on my Mac OSX system.
> I would like to integrate a database using Dreamweaver with their Coldfusion
> technology. Macromedia recommended Tomcat for the server technology. I
> downloaded it, installed it, and now would like to deploy it. I am not
> familiar with the use of Terminal, however. So, being a novice, can anyone
> direct me in how to get it going?

Macromedia recommended Tomcat? How amusing considering their competing
Jrun product, where exactly did they recommend that? I am fighting an
uphill battle on some fronts to get our compny to more widely support
Tomcat so any ammunition is most appreciated. :)

As for running it on OSX, I've never tried even though I'm posting
this from a Powerbook but a google for OSX Tomcat turned up quite a
lot of resources including:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/java/tomcat1.html

It's for an older version but should still mostly apply.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com