Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2007/04/26 18:12:03 UTC

Next release?

We have a few things that people are waiting for, notably Pear related
things.  I would propose to shoot for having the next release candidate
ready by the end of May (so we could hopefully do the release in early
June).  Thoughts?

How about the C++ version?  Are we keeping that completely separate, or
should there be a common release?

I guess the next version will be 2.2.  That's our working number in
Jira, anyway.  Any reason to go to anything else, like 2.1.1?

--Thilo

Re: Next release?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
There is more work to combine C++, but I would vote to do so, mainly
so that documentation and web pages are updated and interoperability
is given a new
perspective.

Eddie

Re: Next release?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> We have a few things that people are waiting for, notably Pear related
> things.  I would propose to shoot for having the next release
> candidate ready by the end of May (so we could hopefully do the
> release in early June).  Thoughts?
>
> How about the C++ version?  Are we keeping that completely separate,
> or should there be a common release?
>
> I guess the next version will be 2.2.  That's our working number in
> Jira, anyway.  Any reason to go to anything else, like 2.1.1?
>
> --Thilo

In the time frame of the next UIMA release I would propose to have a
"sandbox" release. So that the users can download some of the sandbox
components as binaries.

-- Michael