Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mushashi <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/05 11:03:52 UTC

Just a quick one

Hi Guys

I have a standalone ActiveMq install that I start in its own process (ie I
double click activemq.bat)
and I have two command line test programs (one sender and the other
receiver, both spring based)
connection factory for both is set to "tcp://localhost:61616" I am trying to
send and receive in synchronous mode, the code works when both sender and
receiver are deployed in the same JVM (as spring components within the same
context) as soon as I separate the code into a 'client' and 'server' portion
(each running with its own main method) synchronous mode times out (ie the
sender that waits times out, though receiver does appear to write back) -
spring forum guys suspect that this is ActiveMQ setup issue.

Any ideas, I am running ActiveMQ 5.6 pretty much out of the box with the
default

<transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

definition in activemq.xml

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Regards, M.

Re: Just a quick one

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

> as soon as I separate the code into a 'client' and 'server' portion
> (each running with its own main method) synchronous mode times out (ie the
> sender that waits times out, though receiver does appear to write back) -

What do you mean "synchronous" mode? What is the sender waiting for? An ack
on its send?

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:03 AM, mushashi <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I have a standalone ActiveMq install that I start in its own process (ie I
> double click activemq.bat)
> and I have two command line test programs (one sender and the other
> receiver, both spring based)
> connection factory for both is set to "tcp://localhost:61616" I am trying
> send and receive in synchronous mode, the code works when both sender and
> receiver are deployed in the same JVM (as spring components within the same
> context) as soon as I separate the code into a 'client' and 'server'
> portion
> (each running with its own main method) synchronous mode times out (ie the
> sender that waits times out, though receiver does appear to write back) -
> spring forum guys suspect that this is ActiveMQ setup issue.
>
> Any ideas, I am running ActiveMQ 5.6 pretty much out of the box with the
> default
>
> <transportConnectors>
>             <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616
> "/>
>         </transportConnectors>
>
> definition in activemq.xml
>
> Any ideas are highly appreciated.