Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by George Armhold <ar...@cs.rutgers.edu> on 2004/09/05 13:27:25 UTC

"lite" version of axis for clients?

Hi,

Does anyone have a recipe for building a "lite" version of Axis for
clients?  A 1MB+ download for Web Start clients is a bit heavy.  I see
some messages in the archive from 2003 saying essentially that there
were too many inter-dependencies to reduce the jar size by much.  If
anyone has succeeded in doing this I'd like to hear the details.

Thanks.

RE: "lite" version of axis for clients?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
You might also try Wingfoot SOAP client. (www.wingfoot.com).

Anne

One of the reasons Iavoid axis is becuase it's heavy.
You can check out jibx soap or Jabber or jms.
.V

--
Please post on Rich Internet Applications User Interface (RiA/SoA)
<http://www.portalvu.com>

Re: "lite" version of axis for clients?

Posted by Vic <vi...@portalvu.com>.