Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Gude Reshma <re...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/12 12:54:34 UTC

Xml having xsl gives incorrect DOM.

I have the following xml.

<?xml version='1.0'?><?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='M1.xsl'?>

<data>

<name>a</name>

<age>1</age>

</data>

The xml is rendered using XSL. I use DOMParser to get the DOM of the XML. I then manipulate the DOM & convert it to string using XMLSerilizer. However after converting i get the following data

<data>

<name>a</name>

<age>1</age>

</data>

i.e. the stylesheet tag is removed. What am i doing wrong? Is the problem occuring in String to DOM conversion or the reconversion from DOM to String?

Plz help!!

Re: Xml having xsl gives incorrect DOM.

Posted by Gude Reshma <re...@yahoo.com>.
i expect the following output...

<?xml version='1.0'?><?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='M1.xsl'?>

<data>

<name>a</name>

<age>1</age>

<location> l </location>

</data>

 Gude Reshma <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:
i shud get the xml with the stylesheet declaration plus some addtional tags which ive added after manipulating the DOM
 Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> wrote: What do you expect to get on the output?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

Re: Xml having xsl gives incorrect DOM.