Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jan Komadowski <j....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/22 13:07:45 UTC

EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Hi,
mx.validators.EmailValidator does not accept ".email" domain

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org>.
On Monday 04 Aug 2014 10:42:56 OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> I have relaxed the security settings on the Jenkins instance so that
> anonymous users can see the workspace.  You should now be able to go to
> http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/ and

Much easier, ta.

It was Managers/StyleManager/AdvancedCSS/descendantSelectors/AdvancedCSS_descendantSelectors_RuntimeCSS failing that caught my eye.
The .bad.png looks fine to me though ?

--
Tom

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 05 Aug 2014 14:36:38 OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> for folks to contribute.  Please let us know your thoughts on this as
> well.

I've learnt two things
1) In general, make sure you check the Jenkins Mustella run the day after a checkin. I put the URL on the Wiki just now as I couldn't find it at work today !
2) Specifically, a lot of the unit tests for LangPacks strike me as redundant, they just repeat the same test case in each language and check the string from the translation appears. Surely the fact that string bundles are localised is checked at a lower level, so many of these could be removed ? This would make changing Validators specifically and language strings in general less work.

--
Tom

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 06/08/14 01:11, Alex Harui wrote:
> All tests pass for me now.
That's good news :-)

I'll send some example test failures over in a tick, just recompiling
the tip of develop here at work.

Tom

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
All tests pass for me now.

Send me a nonsensical bad bitmap off-list and the SWF that produces it so
I can see what it looks like.  Do you have the embedded font libraries
installed in your SDK?

-Alex

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 Aug 2014 17:40:37 Alex Harui wrote:
> > Did you update the baseline image for that?  It looks like it needs
> > updating.
>
> How's that now ?
> I thought I had, but obviously not.
>
> For some reason here if I run all the Validator tests, I get nonsensical
> 'bad' bitmaps e.g. errorTips with no content etc. It might be font or Linux
> related, but it makes it a bit of a pain testing.
>
> This was meant to be a quick easy bug fix :-)

Thanks for sticking to it, Tom.  We are constantly trying to make it easier
for folks to contribute.  Please let us know your thoughts on this as
well.

Thanks,
Om

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I only got one failure.  It was for:
Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/Validators_Email_Properties_spark

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'm on a Mac, but I tried:

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I have relaxed the security settings on the Jenkins instance so that
anonymous users can see the workspace.  You should now be able to go to
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/ and
look through the tests and its folders.

I believe you are looking for:
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/tests/Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/baselines/

Keep in mind that when the new builds starts, the entire workspace is wiped
out and recreated from git again.  So, you have a window between builds to
see the failed tests.

Thanks,
Om

Thanks,
Om

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Chris Martin <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think that change would be good :)

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Any objection to that fix ?
+1 from me

Justin

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I've raised a Jira for this issue :

I intend to submit a patch that removes this block

 if (lastDomain.length != 3 &&
                                                lastDomain.length != 2 &&
                                                lastDomain.length != 4 &&
                                                lastDomain.length != 6)
                                        {

as that seems the smallest change that address' the bug. Having looked
at the validator, it already functions as 'more relaxed'rather than 'to
spec'.

Any objection to that fix ?

Tom

Re: EmailValidator sdk 4.13