Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Adrián Cucó <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2021/05/20 13:54:50 UTC

geodist sort not working - release 8.8.2

Hi ,

*Solr release 8.8.2, Ubuntu.
I am trying to run a query and getting  rows sorted by geodist and got the following error:

sort param could not be parsed as a query, and is not a field that exists in the index: geodist()

Quick example:

&q=*:*
&sfield=location
&pt=42.352455,-71.048069
&sort=geodist() asc

I am pretty sure I missed something but went throughout the docs and did not find any unusual.
Should I create a special index or something to use geodist()?

I guess I can run the same by using some condition like q=name:Peter , right?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Adrian Cuco