Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by bc...@qtm.net on 2013/11/13 16:07:10 UTC

Trying to open a .doc document

When I try to open or print a .doc document that I have received as an attachment I get the following message:

“The requested operation requires elevation”

What does this mean or how can I get this document to open in Open Office 4?

Bruce

RE: Trying to open a .doc document

Posted by Jim Parkhurst <Ji...@txdot.gov>.
What rights does your workstation login have? (administrator, power-user, user, etc.)

Jim Parkhurst

> When I try to open or print a .doc document that I have received as an
> attachment I get the following message:
>
> “The requested operation requires elevation”
>
> What does this mean or how can I get this document to open in Open
> Office 4?
>
> Bruce

Are you trying to open or print directly FROM your e-mail without saving first?

If this is the case, it may be a configuration issue with your mailer.
This is not a message from OpenOffice.

MzK

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,  Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
                          -- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Texas Transportation Forum: Jan. 6-8, 2014

[Ninth Annual Texas Transportation Forum]<http://www.dot.state.tx.us/ttf/>

Re: Trying to open a .doc document

Posted by Dennis Tuchler <dj...@me.com>.
I am simply trying to open it

dennis

> On Nov 13, 2013, at 20:11, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM, <bc...@qtm.net> wrote:
>>
>> When I try to open or print a .doc document that I have received as an
>> attachment I get the following message:
>>
>> “The requested operation requires elevation”
>>
>> What does this mean or how can I get this document to open in Open Office
>> 4?
>>
>> Bruce
>

> Are you trying to open or print directly FROM your e-mail without saving
> first?
>
> If this is the case, it may be a configuration issue with your mailer.
> This is not a message from OpenOffice.

Re: Trying to open a .doc document

Posted by ir...@gmail.com.
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 03:30:46 -0800
Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com> wrote:

> You are more naive than I first thought.

  Quit 'thinking', you're no good at it.

> I am probably they only professional on this list that has created software for
> interchange of compatible files.

  No, you're the only professional narcissistic, pompous ass on this list though.

> Since none of you seem to be interested. You will be happy to know
> that I will leave this list serv.

  Thank the gods!!

--
Help spread the word! Learn about Jury Nullification! Help take back our country
from our corrupt: judicial system, police system and government!  www.fija.org

Re: Trying to open a .doc document

Posted by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com>.
Does everyone on the list serv. have a below 80 IQ.

All these narrow mind interest parties - I would never hire any of you.
I am glad I have your names - and insure that me or my staff ever
entertain hiring anyone from the List Serv.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

On Nov 14, 2013, at 3:43 AM, Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com> wrote:

HooRay!  The self-serving (me, my, I, mine) pompous ass finally recognized
himself as others see him.

You are more naive than I first thought.

I am probably they only professional on this list that has created software
for interchange of compatible files.

Since none of you seem to be interested. You will be happy to know that I
will leave this list serv.

OpenOffice has everything to do with the software/hardware platforms.

Dr Z

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521
and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If
you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communication
through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

a Windows security thing and has nothing to do with Open Office 4.
If you search the web with the message text you wil find what to do.

Herman

Kay Schenk schreef op 14-11-2013 3:11:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM, <bc...@qtm.net> wrote:
>
>> When I try to open or print a .doc document that I have received as
>> an attachment I get the following message:
>>
>> "The requested operation requires elevation"
>>
>> What does this mean or how can I get this document to open in Open
>> Office 4?
>>
>> Bruce
>
> Are you trying to open or print directly FROM your e-mail without
> saving first?
>
> If this is the case, it may be a configuration issue with your mailer.
> This is not a message from OpenOffice.

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus
actief is.

Re: Trying to open a .doc document

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com>.

Posted by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com>.

Posted by Herman H Dalman <da...@hccnet.nl>.
It is a Windows security thing and has nothing to do with Open Office 4.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.