Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/29 09:23:30 UTC

Combining Solr Indexes at SolrCloud

Let's assume that I have two machine in a SolrCloud that works as a part of
cloud. If I want to shutdown one of them an combine its indexes into other
how can I do that?

Re: Combining Solr Indexes at SolrCloud

Posted by Isaac Hebsh <is...@gmail.com>.
Let's say you have machine A and machine B. you want to shutdown B.
If all the shards on B have replicas (on A), you can shutdown B instantly.
If there is a shard on B that has no replica, you should create one on
machine A (using Core API), let it replicate the whole shard contents, and
then you are safe to shutdown B.

[Changing the shard count of an existing collection is not possible for
now, so MERGing cores is not relevant.]