Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lange Olivier <Ol...@unionsuisse.ch> on 2000/07/13 11:46:22 UTC

FOP graphics compression in PDF documents?

Question: is there a way to get compressed images with FOP in a PDF
document?

I tried to reference three 5kb GIF monochrome graphic images in my FO
document (using <fo:inline-graphic> elements) and after transformation with
FOP, the resulting PDF size is 2.3Mo!
The 3 images are about 800x150px (x2 colors), 5kb each.

Notes:
When I produce the same document with Adobe Acrobat and a text processor,
using the same images, the resulting PDF document's size is 20kb!

As the resulting PDF documents has to be sent back to a client-browser thru
a WAN... the 2.3Mo. PDF document is unusable!