Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/01 14:31:59 UTC

Re: [T5] metrics about tapestry-5 codebase quality

yes, that was the only point I would moan about ;)

I once analyzed the package layout (from 5.0.18):
http://aldana-online.de/screenshots/packageOverview.png

You mean with 'left the barn', that you are package refactoring for 5.1.0?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:31 AM, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> wrote:
> yes, that was the only point I would moan about ;)
>
> I once analyzed the package layout (from 5.0.18):
> http://aldana-online.de/screenshots/packageOverview.png
>
> You mean with 'left the barn', that you are package refactoring for 5.1.0?

No, meaning that I can't refactor because too much is public, and the
refactoring would break backwards compatibility.

> Howard Lewis Ship schrieb:
>>
>> Thanks.  Having your dirty laundry out for all to see is very motivating.
>>
>> To be honest, one area of T5 that isn't so stirling is package layout,
>> but that horse has left the barn.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Onno Scheffers <on...@piraya.nl> wrote:
>>

>>> Wow, this looks very good.
>>>
>>> My compliments to the Howard and the rest of the team. Every time I look
>>> an
>>> the Tapestry source code for something, I am impressed by how clean the
>>> code
>>> looks.
>>> Many commercial projects could learn a thing or two from Tapestry :o)
>>>
>>> regards,

> manuel aldana
> aldana@gmx.de
> software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de