Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/08 22:42:47 UTC

same xml type java superclass

Hi folks,

I am new to this list and do not know the right process to submit a
patch for consideration. Please let me know if there is any specific
process I should follow. This is against version 1.2.1.

I was using axis and I needed to register a custom serializer for a
java type with the following condition. The method signature has a
return type of the java type but at runtime the method would return
any implementation of this java type.

So for example I have a method which is declared as following in the webservice

IfaceA myMethod( myArgs )

and at runtime the method returns a ImplA which implements IfaceA.
Since I am only interested in the IfaceA properties of the return
object as declared in the webservice and may not know the
implementation I would like to be able to register a serializer for
IfaceA.

In the 1.2.1 version I had to register the serializer for the
implementation as well as the interface to get it to work.  Attached
is a patch that will allow one to just register a serializer for the
interface and it will be picked up if one isnt found for the
implementation (also as far as I could tell from the fix the
serializer will not be picked up if the method returns the
implementation instead of the interface which should be the right
behaviour).

Thanks.

Re: same xml type java superclass

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@gmail.com>.