Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Craig Raw <cr...@quirk.co.za> on 2006/03/14 15:55:36 UTC

Wildcard SQL for JDBCVirtualUserTable

Hi,

Here at Quirk we've put together a new SQL query for the JDBCVirtualUserTable. It allows you to use
wildcards in the domain column, so

+------+-----------+----------------+
| user | domain    | target_address |
+------+-----------+----------------+
| blue | abc.net   | red            |
| blue | abc.*     | green          |
| blue | abc.co.*  | blue           |

are all possible. Most exact matches are chosen first. Essentially, you just need to add the
sqlquery init parameter as below:

          <mailet match="All" class="JDBCVirtualUserTable">
            <sqlquery>select target_address from VirtualUserTable where user = ? and ? like
replace(domain, '*', '%') and ? is not null order by length(domain) desc limit 1</sqlquery>
          </mailet>

It may be MySQL specific. I hope it is of use to someone.

Craig

www.quirk.biz