Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 周钰坤 <zy...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/24 02:07:30 UTC

Measurement Template New Constraints

Hi,

    Apache IoTDB supports Measurement Template feature from version 0.13.
The current version allows user to set different templates to different
nodes of a path and the nearest template to current node will be valid.
    This will result in schema and data lost while user set a new template,
which doesn't contain schemas in the existing upper template.
    Therefore, a new constraint will be introduced. If a template has been
set to a node, it will be forbidden to set any template to the ancestors or
descendants of this node, like the constraint of storage group.

Thanks,
Yukun Zhou

Re: Measurement Template New Constraints

Posted by 周钰坤 <zy...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, the user interface of template has been discussed and
defined in this doc,  一元/多元时间序列与模式模板用户手册 (shimo.im)
<https://shimo.im/docs/eME9YgS50wIqhOiO>, but the current implementation
only support Session.
The UI of "assign of template" has already been defined. The UI of
"unassign of template" operation need further discussion and definition.
The implementation of the whole eature needs more work on related modules.
The mentioned constraint in upper mail could be added and implemented to
current metadata module first.

Yukun Zhou
School of Software, Tsinghua University

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2021年7月26日周一 下午4:37写道: