Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Claus Guttesen <ko...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/04 23:04:39 UTC

thrift with xcode

Hi.

I've installed thrift 0.2.0 and have created a simple thrift-file and
created the cocoa-files using

thrift --gen cocoa SimpleController.thrift

I've imported the SimpleController.h and -m files into xcode where I
have created a simple xcode-project. I can compile the project before
I import the thrift-files.

I had to manually copy missing header-files from
thrift-0.2.0/lib/cocoa/src/* to /opt/local/include/thrift and adjust
the path to /opt/local/include/** in 'Header Search Paths' in 'Project
Settings'.

I get two errors:

Undefined symbols:
  ".objc_class_name_TProtocolUtil", referenced from:
      literal-pointer@__OBJC@__cls_refs@TProtocolUtil in SimpleController.o
  ".objc_class_name_TApplicationException", referenced from:
      literal-pointer@__OBJC@__cls_refs@TApplicationException in
SimpleController.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have tried to add /opt/local/lib to 'Library Search Paths'. I have
also tried to add libthrift.dylib to Frameworks but the error persist.

I'm running SL 10.6.2 and xcode 3.2.1 on a macbook. This macbook is
only running in 32 bit mode.

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

twitter.com/kometen