Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stanley Burkee <st...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/02 13:23:00 UTC

Problem with K8 cluster

Hi guys,

We are trying to create a Kubernetes cluster v.1.26 in Cloudstack 4.18. The
controller & worker nodes are provisioned and show in a running state but
Kubernetes Cluster is stuck in the starting state.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Stanley

Re: Problem with K8 cluster

Posted by Stephan Bienek <st...@bienek.org>.
Hi Stanley, Hi Wei,

thanks for your hints.

Indeed i just saw in CS 4.18, containerd >1.6 is already used.
So my issue is related to CS 4.17 (and its systemvm probably?)

Building an up to date kubernetes iso worked like a charm, but i am not sure if within the kubernetes iso i can instruct the kubernetes setup process to deploy an up to date containerd.

Anyways, after a CS update to 4.18 and its systemvm it should be solved anyways.

Best regards,
Stephan

Re: Problem with K8 cluster

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Re: Problem with K8 cluster

Posted by Stanley Burkee <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the update.

I was able to run kubernetes v 1.26 on cloudstack 4.18. The dashboard service is by default running on the internal IP. You need to configure the node port for the dashboard service in order to access it from the outside envoirnment.

Once the node port is configured, you need to create corresponding port forwarding rule & firewall rule from kubernetes provisioned cluster.

After completing the above steps you will be able to get kubernetes dashboard.

Thanks

Best Regards

Stanley

Sent from Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>