Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonghui Zhao <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/18 13:03:21 UTC

IndexFileNameFilter

In lucene 4.3.0 there is no IndexFileNameFilter.

And I find in org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNames the index file
extensions have  only 3 types.

public static final String INDEX_EXTENSIONS[] = new String[] {
    COMPOUND_FILE_EXTENSION,
    COMPOUND_FILE_ENTRIES_EXTENSION,
    GEN_EXTENSION,
  };

But there should be  many extensions  such as: fdt fdx fnm. ...

I want to know if there is any elegant way to filter these extensions
rather than list all extensions by myself.

Re: IndexFileNameFilter

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Yonghui Zhao <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Got it. Currently I don't use any custom codecs.

Part of the problem is that even the current codec keeps evolving, and
file extensions that exist today might not be used anymore in 6 months
and vice-versa. I would strongly recommend not relying on a method
that would tell whether a file belongs to Lucene or not.

--
Adrien

Re: IndexFileNameFilter

Posted by Yonghui Zhao <zh...@gmail.com>.