Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/31 16:00:12 UTC

How to execute non-java programs like c in Oozie action?

Hi experts,

As i know, in workflow.xml, we can use Map-Reduce action, Pig action or
Java action to run Java programs. However, if I want to run a non-java
program like c/c++, how can I invoke it in a oozie workflow?

Thanks!

Re: How to execute non-java programs like c in Oozie action?

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Agree with Bhasker. You should be able to run any shell command using "shell" action.
One thing you will need to make sure all executables, lib/so files are already available either through lib/ directory or as <file> or <archive> tag.

Regards,
Mohammad
On Monday, March 31, 2014 7:34 AM, Bhasker Allene <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

One way would be ... you can use shell action with wrapper shell script
around c/c++.

Posted by Bhasker Allene <al...@gmail.com>.