Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk> on 2001/02/22 16:11:53 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon CocoonComponentSelector.java DefaultComponentManager.java

* bloritsch@apache.org (bloritsch@apache.org) wrote :
> bloritsch    01/02/22 07:03:10
>
>   Modified:    lib      Tag: xml-cocoon2 avalonapi.jar
>                src/org/apache/cocoon Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         CocoonComponentSelector.java
>                         DefaultComponentManager.java
>   Log:
>   Updated avalonapi with new ComponentManager/Selector release() methods.
>   Added handling code to Cocoon's release methods.  Now, to release components
>   we get when we are done....

We should be releasing _all_ components when we are done with them,
right? (to provide full lifecycle management) This could be fun :)

Paul.

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon CocoonComponentSelector.java DefaultComponentManager.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Paul Russell wrote:

> * bloritsch@apache.org (bloritsch@apache.org) wrote :
> > bloritsch    01/02/22 07:03:10
> >
> >   Modified:    lib      Tag: xml-cocoon2 avalonapi.jar
> >                src/org/apache/cocoon Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         CocoonComponentSelector.java
> >                         DefaultComponentManager.java
> >   Log:
> >   Updated avalonapi with new ComponentManager/Selector release() methods.
> >   Added handling code to Cocoon's release methods.  Now, to release components
> >   we get when we are done....
>
> We should be releasing _all_ components when we are done with them,
> right? (to provide full lifecycle management) This could be fun :)

Yep.  That is the correct way to do it now.  Once you no longer need the component,
you must release it--and not use it again.  For Components with no end-of-life
lifecycle management, there is nothing to be done, but for others the clean-up
work is done in the ComponentManager/Selector