Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brehm, Robert P" <Ro...@xerox.com> on 2006/11/03 01:15:14 UTC

Javadoc plugin issue: 2nd try

Hi,

I am using Maven 2 and here is my dilemma:

We have internal projects some of which are compiled in Java 1.4 and
some in Java 1.5.

My JAVA_HOME is set to  .. j2sdk1.4.2_04

In my POM I have included

    <build>

        <plugins>

            <plugin>

                <configuration>

                    <fork>true</fork>

                    <source>1.5</source>

                            <target>1.5</target>

                            <compilerVersion>1.5</compilerVersion>

<executable>/apps/java/jdk1.5.0_07/bin/javac</executable>

                </configuration>

            </plugin>

        </plugins>

    </build

So the project compiles in Java 1.5.  However, when I do:

 <reporting>

   <plugins>

     <plugin>

        <configuration>

            <minmemory>128m</minmemory>

                <maxmemory>512</maxmemory>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

    </plugins>

  </reporting>

I get compilation errors and

Command line was:/apps/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/../bin/javadoc

-J-DproxyHost=13.62.6.90 -J-DproxyPort=8080 -J-Xmx512m -J-Xms128m
@options @packages

So it used the JAVA_HOME for the javadoc bin file.

I tried adding this to the javadoc configuration:

<sourcepath>/apps/java/jdk1.5.0_07/bin/javadoc</sourcepath> and this
time javadoc did nothing.

So it looks like the javadoc plugin is not looking at the build plugin
and the source path has no effect.  Is there any way to configure the
javadoc plugin to use the specified build plugin.  If no response then
perhaps I need to submit a bug.

Regards,

Bob

Robert P. Brehm

Software Engineer, Manufacturing Technology Development

Xerox Office Group, Wilsonville, OR, USA

503-685-2329

Re: Javadoc plugin issue: 2nd try

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I got interested in this issue and wrote some code to add this functionality to maven-javadoc-plugin...

Its not ideal for various reasons -- SystemUtils doesn't know how parse the Javadoc version, so you need to pass it in as a <configuration> element -- but its a good first step, and it works fine in my limited testing with JAVA_HOME=1.4 and configuration=1.5.

I made an issue in JIRA for this [1] and attached the patch, so if you want to start using this now, go grab the source from SVN and apply my patch to AbstractJavadocMojo.java.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-98

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.