Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2022/08/09 06:48:57 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Groovy Report August 2022 (reporting on May-Jul)

Hi Folks,

Any other updates/comments before I submit our latest board report?
(Due soon)

Thanks, Paul.

===============>8==============

Apache Groovy is responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the Groovy
programming language

## Issues:
No issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Groovy was founded 2015-11-18 (7 years ago)
There are currently 20 committers and 12 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Remko Popma was added to the PMC on 2022-07-13
- No new committers. Last addition was Mikko Värri on 2020-06-03.

## Project Activity:
Our main focus during the quarter continued around supporting projects
moving to Groovy 4 as well as bug fixes in earlier versions. We have
made numerous improvements and fixed various regressions. We still have
further performance work to do for Groovy 4 to meet expectations of
some other projects using Groovy within the broader Groovy ecosystem.

We have started giving a bit more attention to our roadmap for Groovy 5
but still have much work to do before the main feature set will become clear.
We expect attention on Groovy 5 will grow over time.

Recent releases:
2.5.18 was released on 2022-07-23.
3.0.12 was released on 2022-07-23.
4.0.4 was released on 2022-07-23.
4.0.3 was released on 2022-06-04.
2.5.17 was released on 2022-06-01.
3.0.11 was released on 2022-06-01.

## Community Health:
Activity on Github, Jira and the mailing lists has been a little
stronger than last quarter. We anticipate work for the Groovy
track at ApacheCon to continue this coming quarter.

This quarter on our main branch (which now corresponds to Groovy 5)
of our core repo, 190 commits were contributed from 13 contributors
including 10 non-committer contributors (9 new).