Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 08:57:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Use of JIRA for components

We've never discussed the use of JIRA for components wrt to the new
versioning scheme of these components.
So what I propose is:
  * create JIRA release entries for each components
(servicemix-http-2008.01, etc...)
  * for existing JIRA issues, make sure the right component is used
  * for all issues, assign the next release for this component
(servicemix-http-2008.01)
  * when we release smx3 / smx4, we'll have to choose the components
version to include.  At that point, we will assign all the JIRA issues
to 3.3 in addition to their components version for example

This means a given issue will have several released version assigned:
servicemix-http-2008.01, 3.3, 4.0, etc...  Which is btw already the
case when we backport to the 3.2 branch.
Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Use of JIRA for components

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
Well, having a look at JIRA made it clear to me now.

+1 from my side even if the release list will explode ;)

Lars

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,