Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Taggart <mi...@webco.tv> on 2005/12/16 02:55:32 UTC

MapRed searching

I got mapred to complete a full index cycle. I now would like to search
the index I created except I can't find out how to do that. I replaced
the war file and started it from my 0.8 installation directory but every
search comes up with 0 results. Do I have to tell tomcat to search the
ndfs? Unsure how to link up the parts at this point.
Mike

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Bruno Patini Furtado <bp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

The WEB-INF folder is defined at the Java Servlets Framework specification.
It´s the folder where a Java web application should put its classes files
(web-inf/classes) and it´s JAR dependencies (web-inf/lib) among other
configurations files (web-inf/classes/log4j.xml is a common example) like
Nutch ones.

Not exactly about Nutch, but I hope it helps your undestanding on deploying
the Nutch web app :)

--
"Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open."

Bruno Patini Furtado
Software Developer
webpage: www.bpfurtado.net
blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bpfurtado/

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Michael Taggart <mi...@webco.tv>.
I'm also guessing that it's important for all tasktrackers to have the
appropriate configuration set in their conf/nutch-site.xml or can I just
do it on the namenode?

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Michael Taggart <mi...@webco.tv>.

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Michael Taggart <mi...@webco.tv>.
It works! Wow, I feel like I'm really starting to learn how nutch works.
Okay one more newbie question. I would like to crawl a list of domains,
but I would like crawling limited to just those domains. When I first
played around with nutch in a localsetup I just set the following
property in nutch-site.xml:
<property>
  <name>urlfilter.prefix.file</name>
  <value>urls.txt</value>
  <description>Name of file on CLASSPATH containing url prefixes
  used by urlfilter-prefix (PrefixURLFilter) plugin.</description>
</property>
Can I do this in a mapred system? Also how does the fetching work, does
each new round of generate crawldb fetch the next "level" of urls? I'm

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Re: MapRed searching

Posted by Michael Taggart <mi...@webco.tv>.