Posted to users@camel.apache.org by SteveR <sr...@vonage.com> on 2015/12/14 23:36:00 UTC

[ENHANCEMENT REQUEST]: camel-netty4 config support for specifying UDP source port

I'm currently facing a show-stopping production issue: I'm unable to figure
out how to specify the UDP source port of my choosing for a Camel route that
uses the  camel-netty4 <http://camel.apache.org/netty4.html>   component to
send a UDP datagram.

If anyone has any thoughts/ideas about how I can do this (or hack this) it
would be much appreciated.

For details, see my recent Camel-Users post:  How to specify the UDP source
port with camel-netty4 ?
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/How-to-specify-the-UDP-source-port-with-camel-netty4-tc5775017.html>

It would be great if this could be taken under consideration for an upcoming
enhancement.  It looks like the main changes would be in the associated
NettyProducer.java
<https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.16.x/components/camel-netty4/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty4/NettyProducer.java>
and possibly made configurable via an addition to the  camel-netty4
<http://camel.apache.org/netty4.html>   options.

For example:

    .to("netty4:udp://remotehost:12345?*sourcePort=55555*&
          clientPipelineFactory=#MY_CLIENT_PIPELINE_FACTORY&

sync=false&disconnect=false&sendBufferSize=26214400&allowDefaultCodec=false");

    Thanks, SteveR

Re: [ENHANCEMENT REQUEST]: camel-netty4 config support for specifying UDP source port

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We love contributions, so you are much welcome to dive in the code to
see if that sourcePort can be added.
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM, SteveR <sr...@vonage.com> wrote:
> I'm currently facing a show-stopping production issue: I'm unable to figure
> out how to specify the UDP source port of my choosing for a Camel route that
> uses the  camel-netty4 <http://camel.apache.org/netty4.html>   component to
> send a UDP datagram.
>
> If anyone has any thoughts/ideas about how I can do this (or hack this) it
> would be much appreciated.
>
> For details, see my recent Camel-Users post:  How to specify the UDP source
> port with camel-netty4 ?
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/How-to-specify-the-UDP-source-port-with-camel-netty4-tc5775017.html>
>
> It would be great if this could be taken under consideration for an upcoming
> enhancement.  It looks like the main changes would be in the associated
> NettyProducer.java
> <https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.16.x/components/camel-netty4/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty4/NettyProducer.java>
> and possibly made configurable via an addition to the  camel-netty4
> <http://camel.apache.org/netty4.html>   options.
>
> For example:
>
>     .to("netty4:udp://remotehost:12345?*sourcePort=55555*&
>           clientPipelineFactory=#MY_CLIENT_PIPELINE_FACTORY&
>
> sync=false&disconnect=false&sendBufferSize=26214400&allowDefaultCodec=false");
>
>     Thanks, SteveR

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus