Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 19:37:06 UTC

CMIS API (openCMIS) and diacritical characters

Hello

Question on the CMIS APIs and having properties containing diacritical
characters in String values.

I know this may be a service implementation-specific question, however, can
anyone confirm if the CMIS API as implemented in OpenCMIS (Java) requires
any special encoding of diacritical characters such as:   Ÿ, ÿ    À, à   Á,
á   Â, â   Æ, æ , for example ... when used in String values for properties
of Document objects -  cmis:document types or custom sub-types?  (we use
both AtomPub and WSDL bindings).

We are currently using the 0.8.0 RELEASE of OpenCMIS.

Thanks

Mark

Re: CMIS API (openCMIS) and diacritical characters

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

OpenCMIS turns Java Strings into UTF-8 on the wire. There is no special
encoding necessary on the Java side.
Not all repositories may accept all characters, though. We have a TCK
test (NameCharsetTest), which tests unicode characters. Try running this
test from the CMIS Workbench against your repository and watch out for
warnings.

- Florian