Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by yusicheng <92...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/05 02:07:07 UTC

Change Of Load Syntax

Hi everybody!&nbsp; I noticed that whether metadata is created automatically when writing is controlled by ENABLE_AUTO_CREATE_SCHEMA in iotdb-datanode.properties, but the load statement for loading external tsfile has its own control parameter AUTOREGISTER, and the two functions overlap, so I want to remove the AUTOREGISTER parameter from the load statement and let ENABLE_AUTO_CREATE_SCHEMA control whether metadata is created automatically when loading, consistent with writing.
&nbsp; In addition, I noticed that some users don't want to delete the source tsfiles after loading them, so I want to add the parameter ONSUCCESS to the load statement, which means how to handle the successfully loaded tsfiles. There are two ways to handle it, DELETE, which deletes the source tsfiles after successful loading, and NONE, which keeps the source tsfile after successful loading.
&nbsp; In summary, I would like to design the new load statement as follows:
&nbsp; load '<path/dir&gt;' [sglevel=int][verify=true/false][onSuccess=delete/none]
&nbsp; for reference, the origin load statement is calmed as follows:
&nbsp; load '<path/dir&gt;' [autoregister=true/false][,verify=true/false][,sglevel=int]
&nbsp;&nbsp;
best,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Sicheng Yu

Re: Change Of Load Syntax

Posted by yusicheng <92...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Sorry for wrong format. Thanks for reminding of me. I will rewrite this mail:
Hi everybody!
[...]
Sicheng Yu

------------------------------------

Hi Sicheng,

It is impossible to read this email as there are too many&nbsp; "&amp;nbsp;"

-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

yusicheng <928623089@qq.com.invalid&gt; 于2022年10月5日周三 10:07写道:
&gt;
&gt; Hi everybody!&amp;nbsp; I noticed that whether metadata is created automatically when writing is controlled by ENABLE_AUTO_CREATE_SCHEMA in iotdb-datanode.properties, but the load statement for loading external tsfile has its own control parameter AUTOREGISTER, and the two functions overlap, so I want to remove the AUTOREGISTER parameter from the load statement and let ENABLE_AUTO_CREATE_SCHEMA control whether metadata is created automatically when loading, consistent with writing.
&gt; &amp;nbsp; In addition, I noticed that some users don't want to delete the source tsfiles after loading them, so I want to add the parameter ONSUCCESS to the load statement, which means how to handle the successfully loaded tsfiles. There are two ways to handle it, DELETE, which deletes the source tsfiles after successful loading, and NONE, which keeps the source tsfile after successful loading.
&gt; &amp;nbsp; In summary, I would like to design the new load statement as follows:
&gt; &amp;nbsp; load '<path/dir&amp;gt;' [sglevel=int][verify=true/false][onSuccess=delete/none]
&gt; &amp;nbsp; for reference, the origin load statement is calmed as follows:
&gt; &amp;nbsp; load '<path/dir&amp;gt;' [autoregister=true/false][,verify=true/false][,sglevel=int]
&gt; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
&gt; best,
&gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Sicheng Yu

Re: Change Of Load Syntax

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sicheng,

yusicheng <92...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年10月5日周三 10:07写道: