Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/07/05 19:41:23 UTC

Change in RTC process to base an approval on 3 committers

I understand the point of confusion about the binding votes and PMC membership.

It was pointed out that we have a disparity in PMC / committer populations.  I think it would be
beneficial to the project to adjust the process such that 3 +1's from a committer (PMC or not) is
acceptable.

Perhaps the PMC membership could vote on and allow this process change for Geronimo so that we can
move the community forward.

Overall I see the community working to work with RTC.  It has significantly improved communication
and awareness which is what I understood the goal to be.

Thanks for considering this change.

Re: Change in RTC process to base an approval on 3 committers

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Matt

Did you get any feedback on this?

On 7/5/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> I understand the point of confusion about the binding votes and PMC
> membership.
>
> It was pointed out that we have a disparity in PMC / committer
> populations.  I think it would be
> beneficial to the project to adjust the process such that 3 +1's from a
> committer (PMC or not) is
> acceptable.
>
> Perhaps the PMC membership could vote on and allow this process change for
> Geronimo so that we can
> move the community forward.
>
> Overall I see the community working to work with RTC.  It has
> significantly improved communication
> and awareness which is what I understood the goal to be.
>
> Thanks for considering this change.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com