Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dean Butler <de...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/26 20:20:53 UTC

Is JMS consumer required to use ActiveMQ class to create connection factory?

I have an application that needs to receive messages from a JMS producer. The
producer is implemented using ActiveMQ on a Tomcat server. The JMS consumer
is running on a system that has a full WebSphere Application Server
installation. Actually, the consumer application is not running within
WebSphere, but all the WebSphere libraries are available.

A requirement on this application is to implement the JMS consumer with the
WebSphere JARs (i.e. NOT require the ActiveMQ JAR). To connect to a
WebSphere broker, you specify:
"com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory". The application does
receive messages when I changed the code to include activemq-all-5.4.1.jar
in the classpath and specified
"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory" (no other code
changes).

Is the ActiveMQInitialContextFactory class required when connecting to an
ActiveMQ server? If not, how do I connect to ActiveMQ broker using WebSphere
classes/JARs?

Re: Is JMS consumer required to use ActiveMQ class to create connection factory?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

you need to use ActiveMQ classes to connect.

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net