Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/28 01:23:51 UTC

[VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version)

I've tried to remove some issues from our previous round. The less
issues to cope with, the better.
 - just one target directory still eludes me, the rest have been eliminated
 - jetty jars are now provided, and not put in the examples war
 - build artifacts now go into target/dist and target/m2-repo (making
the build process self contained and more platform independent)

So another round, another vote.

[ ] Yes release the damned thing already
[ ] Yes, this is the last time I vote on this... My + and 1 keys show
signs of wear
[ ] No, I found this issue and you'd better fix it, or ...

I'm working on the release file for the @incubator list. I'll post it
to @dev sometime tomorrow (for a given value of tomorrow).

I hope for a quick vote this time.

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

Re: [VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version)

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Al Maw:

> I can't verify the ASC sigs, 'cos I don't have your public PGP key.

Have you tried this:

$ gpg --search-keys dashorst@apache.org
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: [VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version)

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Al thx for your investigation... you're welcome to fix anything in the
release branch. :)

Martijn

Re: Failing unit tests (WAS: Re: [VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version))

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
can;'t we do a XML based equals?
Most of the time it is xml what we output. So why not do a xml bases compare

johan

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Depends on what is easier to fix. I'm certainly not for changing to a
less efficient implementation just for the sake of the unit tests, so
if the DiffUtil could be changed, that would be great. IMO, our unit
tests are too brittle anyway, so a diffutil that would be a little bit
smarter would be very nice.

Eelco

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@punainen.org>.
Yeah, that's why I changed the subject..

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.
Yup, that's why I changed the subject.

Janne

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
On 28/03/07, Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com> wrote:
> I can't verify the ASC sigs, 'cos I don't have your public PGP key.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/common/KEYS

/Gwyn
--
Download Wicket 1.2.5 now! - http://wicketframework.org

Re: [VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version)

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
[x] Yes, this is the last time I vote on this... My x key shows signs of
wear

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
with all the votes lately those keys dont work anymore thus i couldnt use
them, its a good thing martijn provides these alternate choices

-igor

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
Likewise... :-)

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have 7 +1 votes, and no -1's, and no burning issues to resolve, so
that makes this a go.

Sorry for abusing the + and 1 keys... be gentle with them, give them a
special scrubbing tonight or something.

I'll write up a proposal for the IPMC and send it here. If noone
objects within 24 hours, I'll send it to @incubator.

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I forgot +1 myself

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/28/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [x] Yes release the damned thing already

Frank

P.s. I really think it's a cool distribution now. It's really well
structured and self-contained. If only every software distribution (also the
apache ones) were like this :)

Re: [VOTE] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha (new version)