Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Hamacher <er...@enetrix.com> on 2008/08/08 20:46:10 UTC

Tomcat and Oracle Portal

Hello:

Very shortly, my company will start writing portlet applications which
will be hosted in Tomcat 6 and OAS.  We will be using Oracle Portal as
our portal.  We plan to use WSRP for communication between the portal
and portlet containers.  We use JDeveloper as our IDE.  JDeveloper will
automatically configure portlet applications for use with WSRP.  This is
fine for OAS.  But we need to configure Tomcat to use WSRP which will
talk to Oracle Portal expects.  I have looked through Oracle's
documentation to see if they mention Tomcat.  No dice.  How can I set up
Tomcat to communicate with Oracle Portal?  Can I just use the same
EAR/WARs I deploy to OAS in Tomcat?  In that case, would it just be a
matter of copying some JARs into Tomcat?  Or is there some treatment
more specific with how Tomcat is configured?

Regards,

Eric Hamacher

THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE REVIEW OF THE ADDRESSEE(S), AND MAY
CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION. INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, DISSEMINATION, OR OTHER USE BY OTHER THAN THE ADDRESSEE(S) IS
PROHIBITED AND MAY BE PENALIZED UNDER APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS. IF YOU
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT AND NOTIFY ME BY RETURN
EMAIL TO eric.hamacher@enetrix.com *******************************