Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2004/07/19 17:00:17 UTC

SURBL And SpamCOP URI

hi

Please don't mind my query if it seems childish or off the track. I am
little bit confused between SURBL and SpamCop URI checks. I have a high
volume mail relay server and have recently implemented SpamCOP URI
checks and happily catching a great deal of spam.

My confusion is "Is SpamCop URI checks and SURBL checks one and the same
thing or SURBL is an extension of SpamCop URI checks". I tried to google
a bit abt this but i think perhaps the English on the sites might be a
bit hard for me to understand. So please do clear my confusion.

Also can I cache the SpamCop URI database Cached locally on a database
on my servers ?

thanks
Rakesh

Netcore seeks Explorers, Inventors, Builders and Marketers
http://www.emergic.org/nc-opps.html

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, July 20, 2004, 1:44:10 AM Rakesh wrote:
> Actually I was thinking on the lines of your
> first point and the other two didn't strike me, but now i know what
> options I have and seriously if my Company permits I will definitely
> like to provide public Name Server for SURBLs

Either way would be great.  Please sign up for rsync access
and set up a mirror, whether it's private or public.

  http://www.surbl.org/rsync-signup.html

We need to get large mail systems off the public name servers.

Please join the SURBL community on our mailing lists at:

   http://lists.surbl.org/

Cheers,

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Oh John thanks a lot ! But frankly sometimes unclear sentences give you
a better clarifications. Actually I was thinking on the lines of your
first point and the other two didn't strike me, but now i know what
options I have and seriously if my Company permits I will definitely
like to provide public Name Server for SURBLs

Ne-ways Jeff is already overloaded answering other's mails and I think
we shouldn't bother him much on petty things like this. ;-)

Rakesh

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Monday 19 July 2004 10:09 pm, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Monday, July 19, 2004, 8:01:30 PM, Rakesh wrote:
> > Can I do RBL mirroring for commercial sites ?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question.  Is one of these
> interpretations close to what you're asking?
>

> 1.  You run a commercial system and would like to mirror
> RBLs for your company's use, including SURBLs.
>
> Yes, this is fine and encouraged for large volume mail
> systems.  Many companies and commercial ISPs are doing
> this now, in addition to many universities, etc.
>

> 2.  You run a commercial system and would like to provide
> a public name server for SURBLs.
>
> That too would be welcomed.  We need more public name servers
> in Asia.
>

> 3.  You would like to provide public or private DNS of RBLs
> for commercial uses.
>
> That too would be fine.
>

> Jeff C.

Jeff you are so accomodating it might have been quicker
to tell him what WOULD NOT be ok...   ;-)

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Can I do RBL mirroring for commercial sites ?

regards
Rakesh

Re: SURBL And SpamCOP URI

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.