Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch> on 2011/12/29 17:50:23 UTC

Interface and abstraction for OffHeapBufferMemory ?

Hi,

While working on another OffHeapBufferMemory implementation, I wonder
if it could worth while adding an interface, an abstract and the
actual implementation in order to extends it and switch implementation
easily ?

Thanks,

Benoit.

Re: Interface and abstraction for OffHeapBufferMemory ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While working on another OffHeapBufferMemory implementation, I wonder
> if it could worth while adding an interface, an abstract and the
> actual implementation in order to extends it and switch implementation
> easily ?

+1

It would give a tunable or adaptable MemoryBuffer implementation, like
for a readonly use case where data once loaded shall never be mutated,
or another implementation that might use a different memory management
algorithm. All plug-n-play :)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Interface and abstraction for OffHeapBufferMemory ?

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Good thing indeed