Posted to user@poi.apache.org by CJ...@aol.com on 2003/06/03 23:02:17 UTC

could not find createDataFormat in POI 1.5.1

Hi there,

I'm using POI 1.5.1 because this is the latest release, and I was told that
this is a quite stable one while newer ones would not be as stable.

In the PDF docs it is explained that custom data formats can be built with
the method createDataFormat of the class HSSFWorkbook. Unfortunately, in 1.5.1
it seems that this method does not exist in this class. In Google I found that
this method was introduced in 1.11.0 . Is this really the case? Do I have a
chance to create custom data formats with 1.5.1 in a different way? Or did I
miss something? Or do I need to use a new version?

Kind regards,
Christian

Re: could not find createDataFormat in POI 1.5.1

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
Not an answer to your specific needs but why don't you try 2.0pre to see
if it fills your needs?  If something doesn't work, report it and we'll
do our best to correct it for you.  IMO 2.0pre is pretty stable, for my
needs anyway.

danny

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
On 6/3/03 5:02 PM, "CJacobME@aol.com" <CJ...@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm using POI 1.5.1 because this is the latest release, and I was told that
> this is a quite stable one while newer ones would not be as stable.
>
> In the PDF docs it is explained that custom data formats can be built with
> the method createDataFormat of the class HSSFWorkbook. Unfortunately, in 1.5.1
> it seems that this method does not exist in this class. In Google I found that
> this method was introduced in 1.11.0 . Is this really the case? Do I have a
> chance to create custom data formats with 1.5.1 in a different way? Or did I
> miss something? Or do I need to use a new version?

You need a new version.

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi