Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Martin Gonzalez Glez <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 23:15:24 UTC

CB-6121 (Windows command line script for Mobile spec)

I've just made a command line script for Mobile spec tests under Windows.
It can handle Android, BB10, WP8, and Windows 8 platform.
So if somebody, has the opportunity to test it, I'd really like to receive
some feedback about it, check if more capabilities or options can be added.

Basically is a command line script file, that uses the Cordova Command Line
Interface, git for windows, and node cordova-cli module to create and
assist the test process, using cordova mobile specs test suite, that
includes manual and automated tests, to test plugins capabilities, as well
as stability through versions.
The script capabilities helps to simplify the test process, obtaining all
resources required or giving the chance to set them in place, or set where
they are.
This script file it uses the cordova CLI capabilities to create, add
platforms/plugins, as well as build, emulate and deploy to phone, it also
uses the coho script to update some repositories, and get several resources
if it's required.

This is the issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6121

Pull request with the complete description:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec/pull/51

Regards.
Martin Gonzalez

Re: CB-6121 (Windows command line script for Mobile spec)

Posted by Martin Gonzalez Glez <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well as Sergey recommend, I added logic to work with a present git in the
PATH (Env var).
Also I added some functionality to work with a previous path provided on a
previous execution.

-Saves a file with the path provided for futures executions.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: CB-6121 (Windows command line script for Mobile spec)

Posted by purplecabbage <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gonzalez Glez <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes indeed, it runs without emulation. There's some differences between
createmobilespec.sh, and this one.
Well this one can work by itself, if it doesn't have available the coho
repository, it will download it, if it's present, it gives you the choice
to update it.
It allows delete the "mobilespec" project, if is present.
It supports (Android, Blackberry10, Windows Phone 8, and Windows 8[Not
entirely supported])
It allows to choice between add *all plugins* from coho repository, and also*
add individual plugins*(This is useful to add a plugin that you are or were
working on and add it to the mobile project to test it)
Install/update several requirements to build the mobilespec (install
grunt/grunt-CLI).
Also allows you to deploy the application to a* phone or emulator*, just
switching menu's. It's possible deploy to all the platforms at the time.

It's a batch script for windows, it doesn't have any GUI, except for when
you are trying to select a path, at that time it creates some VBS(at temp
system folder) to launch a GUI window to select a path. It should work fine
in the cordova-coho/cordova-mobile-spec folder, but, if the coho-repository
isn't present, it will download all the repository, and all files required
to work with.

It just need, git for windows installed, and the environment for the
platforms that you are trying to test, that's it.

It's really easy to use, I think it can be useful tool to use.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Cool.