Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Nicholls <ni...@ll.mit.edu> on 2005/07/07 15:47:40 UTC

Tomcat5.exe Holds Onto Struts.jar

Hi:
Perhaps this is a Tomcat question but it applies only to Struts.
I have Tomcat 5.5 running under Windows 2000 with Eclipse as the IDE. Ant is
used to assemble, compile and deploy the applications. However, the process
Tomcat5.exe accesses the struts.jar at /WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar.  The result
is that when we run Ant and try to undeploy the application all files but
the struts.jar are removed and the deployment process fails.  Although
Tomcat has access to all the jars in the various libs (common, shared and
server) it only has access to the struts jars in the application libs. We
use Process Explorer to verify this.

There seem to be several threads reporting similar behavior.  Our present
solution is to operate with unpacked wars (it works) but we would like to
improve the performance with unpacked wars.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Bob Nicholls
MIT Lincoln Laboratory