Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by nhhockeyplayer nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2013/03/16 19:31:36 UTC

can anyone explain this "/index.html = anon"

I have read thru the abstract docs. I see there is a lack of meaty specific modelings of real world multi-dimensional examples...

Can anyone explain what this does ?

I am aware of the following filters

        /**
         * SHIRO FACTORY DEFAULT FILTERS
         *
         * anon - anonymous filter
         * authc - forms authentication filter
         * basic = basic http authentication filter
         * notfound - not found filter
         * perms - permissions authorization filter
         * port - port filter
         * roles - roles authorization filter
         * user - user filter
         */

But I still dont understand what the implications of the statement below means ?
Can anyone offer me a tip?

SHIRO.INI version
/index.html = anon

JAVA LANGUAGE version
configuration.add("index-anon", new FilterChainDefinition("/index.html", "anon"));

Re: can anyone explain this "/index.html = anon"

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
/index.html = anon

means anyone can access that URL.  'anon' is a filter that says 'I don't
really have any security constraints for this URL, so I'll let anyone (even
anonymous) users through'.

HTH,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282

can anyone explain this "/user/signup = anon"

Posted by nhhockeyplayer nashua <nh...@hotmail.com>.
I have read thru the abstract docs. I see there is a lack of meaty specific modelings of real world multi-dimensional examples...

Can anyone explain what this does ?

I am aware of the following filters

        /**
         * SHIRO FACTORY DEFAULT FILTERS
         *
         * anon - anonymous filter
         * authc - forms authentication filter
         * basic = basic http authentication filter
         * notfound - not found filter
         * perms - permissions authorization filter
         * port - port filter
         * roles - roles authorization filter
         * user - user filter
         */

But I still dont understand what the implications of the statement below means ?
Can anyone offer me a tip?

SHIRO.INI version
/user/signup = anon

JAVA LANGUAGE version
configuration.add("signup-anon", new FilterChainDefinition("/user/signup", "anon"));

Re: can anyone explain this "/user/** = authc"

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
/user/** = authc

means:

Any user accessing the /user url or or any path underneath it must be
authenticated (authc = AUTHentiCated for short).  If they're not
authenticated, the would likely be redirected to the default login page.

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM, nhhockeyplayer nashua <

Re: can anyone explain this "/news/view/** = perms[news:view]"

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

//index.html = anon
/user/signup = anon/
means all users can access urls //index.html/ & //user/signup/

//user/** = authc/
means only authenticated users can access urls starting with //user// : if
the user is not authenticated, he will be sent to the login form for
authentication

//admin/** = authc, roles[administrator]/
means only authenticated users with the role *administrator* can access urls
starting with //admin// : if the user is not authenticated, he will be sent
to the login form for authentication; if the user is authenticated but has
not the appropriate role, he will be sent to the "unauthorized url" or
returned an error (HTTP 401).

//news/view/** = perms[news:view]/
same as above but for the permission *news:view* and for urls starting with
//news/view//.

I recommend that you read the Javadoc. That's well explained...

Best regards,
Jérôme

can anyone explain this "/news/view/** = perms[news:view]"

Posted by nhhockeyplayer nashua <nh...@hotmail.com>.
I have read thru the abstract docs. I see there is a lack of meaty specific modelings of real world multi-dimensional examples...

Can anyone explain what this does ?

I am aware of the following filters

        /**
         * SHIRO FACTORY DEFAULT FILTERS
         *
         * anon - anonymous filter
         * authc - forms authentication filter
         * basic = basic http authentication filter
         * notfound - not found filter
         * perms - permissions authorization filter
         * port - port filter
         * roles - roles authorization filter
         * user - user filter
         */

But I still dont understand what the implications of the statement below means ?
Can anyone offer me a tip?

SHIRO.INI version
/news/view/** = perms[news:view]

JAVA LANGUAGE version
configuration.add("news-view", new FilterChainDefinition("/news/view/**", "perms[news:view]"));

FW: can anyone explain this "/admin/** = authc, roles[administrator]"

Posted by nhhockeyplayer nashua <nh...@hotmail.com>.

[...]

configuration.add("admin-roles-administrator", new FilterChainDefinition("/admin/**", "roles[administrator]"));