Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/12/12 04:31:43 UTC

ActionError inaction

Hi, I have:

        } catch (InitializationException e) {
            ActionMessage errorMessage = new ActionMessage("init_error", "Initialization Exception");
            errors.add("init_error", new ActionError("init_error", errorMessage));
            saveErrors(request, errors);
            return mapping.findForward(FORWARD_error);

I am performing an illegal substring just before the catch to throw an exception and test my error page. But all I am getting is 'HTTP 500 - Internal server error'. FORWARD_error is defined and mapped to a valid JSP. But I am not getting that far. Also, in my conf/web.xml I have

<error-page>
     <error-code>500</error-code>
     <location>/error500.jsp</location>
</error-page>

with error500.jsp in both ROOT and the context directory, which is not picking up the 500 server error! A dose of lethargy on my 'Actions' it seems?

Any ideas please?

   BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.