Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Cristian Aurelian Petroaca <cp...@ixiacom.com> on 2016/08/05 11:44:29 UTC

Custom Security Provider

Hi All,

I'm using Karaf 3.0.3 and when starting up I'm getting this error:
Unable to register security provider: java.lang.InternalError: cannot create instance of org.bouncycastle.jcajce.provider.asymmetric.DSA$Mappings : java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.bouncycastle.crypto.CipherParameters"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

This is due to the fact that we have a custom security provider (also based on Bouncy Castle) installed in java/lib/ext.

I'm trying to change the Karaf security provider with our own by adding this line in etc/config.properties:
org.apache.karaf.security.providers = org.bouncycastle.OurSecurityProvider

But after restating Karaf I'm getting the same exception as above.

There is something strange going on in the sense that in our custom bouncy castle lib we don't have any "org.bouncycastle.crypto.CipherParameters" class (which is in the error message) which leads me to believe that our custom security provider is not loaded.

Is there something I'm missing in the config?

Thanks,
Cristian

RE: Custom Security Provider